I stumbled upon my love of photography and film making at a young age while filming my friends riding BMX and being the photographer for my high school yearbook. While in college I studied cinematography, photography, and finally received my degree in art from the University of North Texas. I approach weddings with the goal of capturing your important memories in a way that is both artistic, entertaining, and true to life.
Here are a few more facts about me and my work:
- Born and raised in Texas (Yes I do have a good bit of southern twang).
- I want to work WITH you and help you get the best out of your film (you play a big part in your films evolution and I will not diminish your opinions or suggestions).
- I have the best dog in the world (..no really), a lab mix named Delta.
- I am really the one who films your Wedding. I don't book multiple weddings, or anything else, on the same day. I will not send the "B-team" to film you while I film a different event.
- Anytime you want to talk sports with me I am ready and willing (especially if the Texas Rangers are involved).
- The equipment I use is not only of the highest quality, and kept up to date, but I honestly do know how to use it.
- I am a huge fan of classic film and film history. To me the pinnacle of film making was between 1935 and 1965. Some of my personal favorites from this era include; Rear Window, Casablanca, Rio Bravo, The Third Man, Anatomy of a Murder, On the Waterfront, Notorious, Charade, Vertigo, A Matter of Life and Death (I could go on and on..).
- I Won't clutter your video with over the top special effects. I prefer to shoot in a clear, clean style that represents your wedding as it happened. After all, what may be trendy today most likely won't be by the time you show this to your grandchildren.
- You are important to me. Your satisfaction is important to me. There is nothing that will distract from that.
I have never had a subject as challenging or rewarding as a couple's wedding day. I will do my absolute best to create something that you can treasure and be proud of from now on.
Brummett Films LLC